Saturday, December 22, 2007

Santa & The Ice Cream Bunny

Happy Holidays, and boy is this one gonna hurt. The clip is long, and I think that's important. The year: 1972. Kiddie Matinees were still pretty common at the movies. It's a Saturday afternoon. It's Christmas time. You are in a theater full of children (of which you are one) and you are completely wired on candy and soda. You have seen three cartoons and a Three Stooges short. Now it is time for the Feature Presentation: "Santa & The Ice Cream Bunny"!

Keep in mind, that this is only a ten-minute excerpt from the film; the actual movie runs a mind-boggling 96 minutes! Can you even believe that parents dropped their kids off to see THIS??? I can understand how Mom & Dad were fooled into thinking that this was a real movie. I mean, the poster looks sorta like a real flick, maybe even an animated one:


Based on this clip, I would have thought this was one of Matthew Barney's films. Maybe something he did while goofing around with a wind-up 16mm camera. Fortunately, I did not have to see this entire film. By 1972, I was too old to see a film called "Santa & The Ice Cream Bunny". Instead, my mind was warped by K. Gordon Murray's amazing "Santa Claus". It was on Mystery Science Theater 3000, but I saw it first for real when I was 6. It was pretty freaky.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

did you tell carol how you were part and a major player in the GINAL LANCE GIRLTALK MAFIA

How you pretneded to be my friend and burglairized my apartment and terrorized me
How you and the GIRL TALK CROWD ran me out of town after North Hollywood burglary told me to move as you were after me with DEATH THREATS and more??

did u fill her in on that Pastor Dan??